For those not wishing to go full bore with a full header back exhaust system & adding a custom tune (with a power commander $$$), simply wishing to get rid of the cat and having a proper sounding bike this is perfect. Installation was easy, there's already an o2 bung drilled out so there's no issues with the F1 light.
With the silencer in it's not quiet, but you probably won't make your neighbors hate you warming it up before work in the morning. With it removed it's fantastic. A nice deep and loud note, exactly how a performance motorcycle should sound. I would equate the sound with the silencer in to the sound of the stock cat installed without mufflers.
Everything can be accomplished with basic tools, however you will need C-clip or circlip pliers to remove the silencer.
Installed on 2009 GSXR 1000
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Preinstalled removable CNC machined db-killer (baffle) retained inside the tip through the highest quality high-temp silicone O-Ring, spacer, and snap-ring.
- Includes a large perforated core encompassed by replaceable packing assisting in heat management and sound suppression.
- All pipes are manufactured from 304 stainless steel tubing that is CNC machined, mandrel bent then tig welded to perfection.
- Designed to fit stock applications to wide tired to stretched swing arm applications. They then have a machined angled cut billet aluminum tip anodized with an array of colors ranging from ceramic red, black, gold or blue. Polished aluminum is also available on the tip.
- This tip can be rotated to suit your desired appearance.